Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hello, everyone out there.  This is my first post as a blogger.  Not sure what to write about, so I'll tell you a little bit about myself to begin with.  I am a wife, mother, and grandmother; lovin' that last one!  Grandkids are great, spoil 'em and send 'em home I always heard.  And that is so true, so true!  I have done many things over the years, stay at home Mom for most of them and that was the most rewarding, watching my kids grow up every day.  But I took a few part time gigs here and there, babysitting, store clerk, store room clerk, when the kids got into high school then I got a real job.  Ended up being a legal assistant and book keeper and I still am both of those.  But semi-retired to write a book that I always wanted to get around to.

And so it happened and it went a little like this.  People read my writings in greeting cards, especially the annual Christmas poem to the rhyming of  'Twas the Night Before Christmas.'  Each section had exactly the same amount of lines per person in my family, two sections per person.  So, it got to be a two page deal, but I just knew that someday one of my grandkids would count to see if anyone got priority.  And it happened, one year Ryan did it and excitedly told his mother, "Did you know that Grandma wrote exactly the same many lines for everyone?"  I have always been crazy like that, you know make sure the Christmas presents and birthday presents all add up to the same cost.  Heaven forbit, one should get $5.00 more than another.  From that I received many, many words of encouragement to write something; write a book maybe.

 More next time, have to go for today.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reading it, I am happy someone found it! Been a busy couple of weeks of gutting my house and getting a new "do" on the place. Very exciting and very stressful at the same time. Hope to get more writing, blogging and group participation too. For new I am tapped out mentally and physically.

    Looking for me? Check into key words!

    ReplyDelete