Friday, September 13, 2013

I just typed a long submission to this blog on my tablet on Monday and it is gone.  I did not get a chance to finish it that day. So I went in today to finish it and did so.  When I hit the publish key it told me my session was timed out, try again.  Gone, absolutely gone.

I wrote about my fabulous summer with my grandchildren and there is absolutely no way to remember all that I had written. Great, just great.

I did alot of fun things with them this summer. We did the beach, the circus, Paul Bunyan camp. Ryan only did a couple activites and was able to come stay one time, but we trimmed some trees, which is his favorite things to do here and pulled down some dead branches.  He is disappointed that my compute is so old, because he can't play his fast paced video games on it.  So, he's stuck with watching You-Tube and the TV.
But it turns out for the Madison and Guyton that their favorite things were the woods and sewing.  We walked in the woods one day to go blackberry picking and ended up on a long adventure instead. They pretended their were animals chasing us in the woods etc.  Then they picked some tiny ears of corn to cook over a pretend fire on a stump. But then we brought them home and we tried roasting them on a campfire. Probably would have tasted OK except for the pine needles they put in the pot!!  Then Guyton and I went up in the woods near the house the next day and made a little camping area. We cleared an area of debris and put logs down to sit on and made a firering with rocks. Then we put the sticks in teepee fashion, but I told him we couldn't have a real fire in the woods.  So, at almost seven he gets an awesome idea. He said, 'lets put two Y sticks on each side of the fire and hang a stick between the two.  Then we will tie a flashlight onto it and it will shine on the sticks and we can pretend its a real fire." Now that's a bright child!!

Madison did crafts classes this summer and came home with awesome ideas. She made necklaces from potholder loops and braided yarn and beads together for more necklaces and bracelets. She made pincushions and playdough and candy recipes.  Then she got the idea for patchwork pillows, what a great project, she made a couple for her Mom and Guyton made one for his brand new little brother Beckham, and a little quilt too. I am so happy with all of this because I have been crafting and sewing since I was a little girl.  I had a treddle sewing maching of my own and made doll dresses representing different countries and displayed the dolls in my bedroom.  I made my first pair of bell bottoms when I was 11 and in the 7th grade for the 4-H Fair and earned a blue ribbon for them. She told her Mom she wished she was into sewing, so I hope she will love it as much as I do.  YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment