Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lowering my price and new excerpts from CH. 1

Marketing my book has become increasingly difficult.  Which is why I have lowered my price to $10.99 and that includes s&h.  I just really want everyone to read what I have created.  So I am going to continually post excerpts from my novel to tempt you all!!

First I will give you a little from Chapter One: The Letter of Enlightenment

This letter which I hold in my hand could be the most important piece of mail that I have ever received. It may contain precious answers that I have longed for my entire adult life.  My lingering ache that spanned three decades could possibly be soothed within the lines of these pieces of paper.

It was a moment that would change my life and that of my family as well.  As I opened that letter that was postmarked June 1, 1935, Riggins, Idaho, my heart pounded so loudly that I could hear nothing but the sound of waves crashing over rocks.  I thought there was no one out there that knew what had become of us, let along where we were.  This was the golden opportunity I had been praying for, some indication that I could learn the secrets that my father and grandfather had locked away forever.  I may discover if there is any truth to the scattered thoughts and memories that I have been struggling with most of my life.  Is this the link to the genealogy of the generations of Blue Doves past, present and even future?  There are facts I need to discover, legacies to learn, and secrets to be revealed.  My eyes are filled with tears, my hands are shaking and my ears are ringing to the point that I think I shall faint.  I wish someone was here to steady me, to catch me should I collapse.  No, this is something that I need to do along, in absolute privacy to bask in the moment of any shred of truths that this letter may contain.

Enjoy!





Debra A. Patrow, Acres of Bitterness, Wisconsin, Idaho, Rocky Mts. Bitteroot Mts. Native Americans, Historical Fiction, Nez Perce, Romance Novel, 1877, 1905,1930, love, loss, birth, death, intrigue, mystery, suspense, history, family secrets, three decades

No comments:

Post a Comment