Monday, January 27, 2014

Winter Wonderland Windchill

Here we are again in our winter wonderland.  3+ inches of snow yesterday and wind chill so bitter that school was cancelled again to protect out children. I am happy for that, those cute little faces do not need to be frozen off!!  I do remember a week long furlough when my kids were in school though, but I do not remember any other time that it happened.  Snow days yes, but as far as wind chill days no others come to mind.   


I am grateful today for all of my family that they are happy and healthy in whatever they choose to do.  I am grateful that no one is facing any serious illness or surgeries or anything that prevents them from carrying on with their lives.  I am grateful that I am able to be a part of those lives as a grandmother also.  My only grandparent, Grandfather Ignatz, passed away when I was 5 or 6. My father died at age 56 when I was twelve, so I missed out on having him in the greater majority of my life. My mother left us when I was 28 with three young children, that was such a shock to all of us.  As a result, I am been billed as "an over the top grandma" and I love every minute of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment