Monday, January 27, 2014

Granddaughter selsl Grandmothers books at school

Well, it's just nothing but bitter cold here in Wisconsin.  Below zero every day and going to get worse again for another week.  Good time to hide out and write, but still have to go out to work, shop and watch my granddaughter perform on Saturday night.  She is part of the opening ceremony for the Bloomer Rope Jumping Competition on Jan. 25, 2014. 


Speaking of her I have a cute, cute story to share.
I got a phone call from my granddaughter the other day telling me that she had been carrying my book around with her at school. Everyone asked her about it I guess, and she said she was selling them for $5 -$10, she wasn't sure. She asked me & was hoping I wouldn't be mad that I had to make all those photocopies of the book. PRICELESS!!!

I explained to ...her that I have tons of books already made up and I told her that $8 would be just fine. So, when I picked her up on tues., I asked her how many still wanted books after they found out the price. She read me the list & only 3 backed out. She still had 14 buyers. How cool is that!!!!! I am taking her with me to sales, for sure! I told her I would reward her, she said she didn't need one.


Well, I am taking $2.00 from each book sold to do something for her classroom.  Maybe pizza party or something they need or want, haven't decided yet.


 Proud Grandma
/////Debra A. Patrow, Acres of Bitterness, Wisconsin, Idaho, Rocky Mts. Bitteroot Mts. Native Americans, Historical Fiction, Nez Perce, Romance Novel, 1877, 1905,1930, love, loss, birth, death, intrigue, mystery, suspense, history, family secrets, three decades





No comments:

Post a Comment