Tuesday, February 25, 2014

winter retreat a success; yoga & winter

Debra A. Patrow says:

Well, the writing retreat is over and I did wonderfully. I was able to outline my chapters and write a couple of them. Now to finish typing it up as I start the old fashioned way; on pencil and paper. (I know, I must be an oldie) So... it was well worth the time and effort to make it happen. Any of you authors get an offer to sneak away and have some quiet time, take it!

You can fight winters effects on your fibromyalgia with yoga.  I saw a  diagram with several poses on it and have been doing them a couple times a day for about five minutes.  They call it restorative yoga, which basically is stretching to loosen up our muscles.  And relieve the stress on our body as well as our mind.  I have never been to a class, so there are no expenses involved. You can also get DVD's, print outs or watch on YouTube as well. Thank you someone for coming up with  the idea and getting it out there for all of us sufferers.  I also make sure I get structured sleep, usually in bed 9 or 10 pm and up 7-7:30 am with a nap in the middle of the day.  I do fairly well with that endeavor.   Otherwise, not only does my body react negatively, so does my thought process. I don't like to go anywhere at night, for that reason alone.  So to speak... when the lights aren't on, nobody's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment